Neuromuscular Sciences & Research Center
What is clinical research?
The National Institutes of Health definition of clinical research is:
- Patient-oriented research: This type of research involves a particular person or group of people or uses materials from humans. This research can include:
- Studies of mechanisms of human disease
- Studies of therapies or interventions for disease
- Clinical trials or clinical research studies (see About Clinical Trials for more details)
- Studies to develop new technology related to disease
- Epidemiological and behavioral studies: These types of studies examine the distribution of disease, the factors that affect health, and how people make health-related decisions.
- Outcomes and health services research: These studies seek to identify the most effective and most efficient interventions, treatments, and services.
Texas Neurology has a tradition of excellence in clinical research. Our physicians have extensive experience and are committed to advancing medical science through clinical research studies.