Memory Disorders Clinic
The Memory Disorders Clinic at Texas Neurology is dedicated to developing new treatments that improve the quality of life for patients dealing with memory loss and related cognitive changes, as well as for their families.
The clinic provides a comprehensive program for evaluating memory disorders.
- Initial medical, neurological, and neuropsychological assessments
- Screening labs, imaging, EEG, and other diagnostics
- Assessment of mood and memory
- Medical evaluation
- Education and resource referral for patient and family
- Neuropsychological and psychosocial evaluations
- Medical and geropsychiatric assessments
- Imaging studies and other diagnostic testing
- Other specialist consultations as necessary
- Community resources and support groups
Our interdiscliplinary team consists of board-certified neurologists, neuropsychologists, nurses, advanced practice providers and a social worker.
Memory disorders are diagnosed by an evaluation that includes a neurology, physical, and neuropsychological evaluations including laboratory tests, review of the patient’s past medical and family history and medications that the patient is current taking. A CT or MRI scan may also be ordered to help rule out other causes.
Our outpatient diagnostic evaluation will determine the cause of memory loss and suggestions on how the patient and their families can live and cope with a cognitive impairment.
While the diagnosis is important, knowing what to do helps to provide the best quality of life for the whole family.
Additionally we also participate in the latest research to facilitate finding a cure to this disease.
If you are concerned about memory problems in yourself or a relative, our clinic can help with assessment and treatment.